The Wine Train
The Severn Valley Railway in partnership with Hay Wines are delighted to welcome you aboard The Wine Train!
Book: Kidderminster departures Book: Bridgnorth departures
Join us for a beautiful Summer's (fingers crossed) day on the Railway!
This is a truly unique experience; travel through the spectacular Severn
Valley in our 1936-built luxurious first class carriage (once hauled by
the Flying Scotsman), whilst sipping a selection of wines and enjoying our
informative, yet informal, overview of the drinks you are tasting by
professional staff. A journey fit for any wine lover.
Hay Wines is a family owned & independent wine merchants based in the medieval market town of Ledbury, Herefordshire, founded in 2009. The company is managed by Jane and Chris, together with their enthusiast
team of wine professionals. With over 75 years experience in the wine
merchants trade, the Hay Wines team brings a wealth of knowledge,
passion and expertise to its customers and experiences.
Your tasting experience will include:
- Welcome glass of fizz to get the tasting session started and the alcohol
flowing as we leave the station!
- Brief but informative overview of each wine and the tasting
- Tasting sequence of five wines, offering a wide spectrum of tasting notes.
- Professional staff will run the event, giving an overview of each
wine and explaining the flavour profile and answering any questions as they
The package includes:
- Reserved, first class travel on a single journey from Kidderminster to Bridgnorth, or Bridgnorth to Kidderminster.
- Full day 'Freedom of the Line'
ticket permitting travel before or after the tasting experience on our
public service trains, so you can spend a whole day on the Railway .This
ticket permits FREE entry into The Engine House at Highley if you have
time. And remember, we have pubs at both Bridgnorth and Kidderminster
- There are 30 seats available on each tasting experience. Your
seats will be allocated around tables of two, or tables of four - so you
have the bonus of meeting new
friends and wine enthusiasts alike! Every seat will be filled.
- Passengers must be aged 18 or over.
- Unfortunately, there is no disabled access into the vehicle.
- You will be required to arrive 30 minutes before your selected departure time to check-in and be seated by our Steward.
- If you are travelling on the 5.40pm service from Bridgnorth to Kidderminster, there is no service train back to Bridgnorth.
|Adult / Senior
|Annual Family Pass not valid. Any discount schemes, concessions or complimentary tickets/vouchers are not valid on The Wine Train.
must be purchased, at least five working days, in advance of your visit.
Tickets may also be purchased at the same price by calling 01562 757900
(option 1). These tickets are not available for purchase from booking
offices in advance.
All pre-booked tickets are subject to a £1.75 booking fee.
Unfortunately, there is no disabled access to the vehicle.
TICKETS WILL BE DISPATCHED BY POST.
Share this page: