Last Days of Steam
We jointly commemorate the 50th anniversary of the final days of steam on British Railways with Kidderminster Railway Museum.
Click here to book Normal Fares Apply Annual Family Pass Valid
On August 4th 1968, British Railways ran its last timetabled mainline steam service. On that day 50 years ago, two of our own engines were in operation: Black 5 No. 45110 and 8f No. 48773, and in 2018 we'll be looking back at that fateful day.
- Black 5 No. 45110 and 8F No. 48773 on display at Kidderminster - making a rare appearance outside The Engine House at Highley.
- Frequent service of steam and diesel trains, including Black 5 No. 45231 The Sherwood Forester and 'Flying Pig' No. 43106 hauling service trains. No. 43106 celebrating 50 years on the Railway, having arrived on August 2nd 1968.
- Photography exhibition showcasing images from the last days of steam in Kidderminster Railway Museum.
- Members of the Master Neverers Association reenacting the cleaning of No. 45110.
- Gathering of footplate crews from August 4th 1968.
- Saturday evening 'Fifteen Guinea Special' recreation (additional charge applies).
- Trade and memorabilia stands.
- 1960s built locomotives on the Coalyard Miniature Railway.
All attractions are subject to availability.
|Pre-book & save
|On the day
| Other information
|Annual Family Pass valid. Children: 4 - 15 years, Family: 2 adults + 2, 3 or 4 children, Seniors: 60+.
To qualify for 'pre-book & save' prices these tickets
must be purchased at least five working days in advance of your visit.
Tickets may also be purchased at the same price by calling 01562 757900
(option 1). These tickets are not available for purchase from booking
offices in advance.
All pre-booked tickets are subject to a £1.75 booking fee.
These tickets include FREE admission to The Engine House, our Visitor Centre at Highley.
TICKETS WILL BE DISPATCHED BY POST.
Share this page: