Peep Behind the Scenes
wondered how a Signalbox works, or how we change the tyres on a steam
locomotive? Or where our carriages are stored or what happens when we
need to fix a wagon? All of these questions, and more, can be answered
at Peep Behind the Scenes!
Timetable B Click here to book Members: Book here
be opening our doors to areas not normally available to the public for
one day only, giving you the chance to see all of the hard work, behind
the scenes, that often goes unseen.
Taking place in the background, there's more to the Railway that meets the eye; such as day-to-day
maintenance and the skilled restoration work, often covered with
panelling and many coats of varnish and paint!
Attractions & open sites include:
- Kidderminster Signalbox, Carriage Works, Diesel Depot & Turntable, Carriage Shed and Museum Signalbox
- Visit the cab of a Class 52 'Western' at Kidderminster
- Bewdley North Signalbox, Paint Shop and Wagon Works
- Wickham Trolley rides at Highley
- Access to the cabs of No. 600 Gordon and Standard Tank No. 80079 in The Engine House
- Bridgnorth Signalbox, Locomotive Works, Paintshop & Machine Shop
- Steam-hauled goods train with No. 1501 or No. 7714 along the whole length of the line, with demonstration shunting at Kidderminster and Bridgnorth
Subject to operational requirements, the attractions will be open from 10.30am, with last admission at 4.30pm, and closing at 5pm (unless otherwise stated in the event leaflet).
Wristbands permitting access to the attractions and sites are available to purchase for £5 per person from Kidderminster, Bewdley and Bridgnorth Booking Offices.
This wristband can be purchased on the day. All wristband sales during the day will go towards SVR Charitable Trust funded projects. Children aged 15 and under do not need to purchase a wristband, but must be accompanied at all times.
Click here to book Members: Book here Annual Family Pass Valid
|Pre-book & save
|| £1.75 per booking
|Purchased on the day
| Other information
Annual Family Pass valid. Children: 4 - 15 years, Family: 2 adults + 2, 3 or 4 children, Seniors: 60+.
To qualify for 'pre-book & save' prices these
tickets must be purchased at least five working days in advance of your
Tickets may also be purchased at the same price by calling 01562 757900 (option 1).
These tickets are not available for purchase from booking offices in advance.
These tickets include FREE admission to The Engine House, our Visitor Centre at Highley.
TICKETS WILL BE DISPATCHED BY POST.
Share this page: