Becoming a Member
The Severn Valley Railway is a privately owned Railway operating regular steam-hauled passenger trains between Kidderminster in Worcestershire and Bridgnorth in Shropshire. Around 200,000 people visit us every year.
It is not so well known that the people who operate the Railway are unpaid volunteers, all of whom are members of the Severn Valley Railway Company. Without this volunteer help the Railway could not survive.
Why not join us…
You don’t need to work on the Railway to support it – simply being a
member will help us keep the Severn Valley Railway operating for future
generations to enjoy. And if you would like to become a volunteer on the
Railway, and work alongside others with similar interests, our
Volunteer Liaison Officer will be happy to hear from you.
So what are the benefits?
Call 01562 757930 (Monday-Wednesday) 9.30am – 1.30pm
- Members can travel at reduced fares on almost all days that we operate.
- 10% discount in Refreshment Rooms.
- The opportunity to become a volunteer and help keep the Railway running.
- Members receive a quarterly full-colour magazine, including latest news, articles and advance details of special events.
- An annual Members’ weekend, with behind-the-scenes visits to areas not normally open to the public.
- Helping to preserve an important part of Britain’s heritage for the future.
The Severn Valley Railway Company also supplies both financial and administrative support to the owning company, Severn Valley Railway (Holdings) plc. The record of such assistance over the years is most impressive.
Operating a 150 year-old steam railway, comprising earthworks, track, buildings, signalling, locomotives and rolling stock is an expensive business, and even more so as we advance through the 21st century.
The Company has over 12,000 members worldwide. The ongoing support from this healthy membership, plus time given freely by our 1,500 volunteers, is essential in ensuring the continued viability and success of the Railway.
Purchase Membership Membership Renewal
| Ordinary Joint
| Senior (60+)
| Senior Joint (60+)
| Family (2 adults + 4 children, 4 - 13 years)
| Student (in full time education. Age 14+)
Terms & Conditions (revised 2019) Memorandum and Articles of Association