The Engine House
The Engine House is our Visitor Centre at Highley. It is home to our reserve collection of full-size steam locomotives, railway artefacts and other exhibitions.
The Visitor Centre is an ideal stopping off point for anyone enjoying the experience of a day in the Severn Valley, and remember, entry is FREE.
See our menu here
Display of full-size steam locomotives, including the little red engine, Lady Armaghdale and visit the footplate of our very own engine, Hinton Manor.
- Experience the age of royalty on rails on board King George VI's royal carriage (tours available at certain times).
Jump aboard the Travelling Post Office - try your hand at sorting the mail!
- Interesting exhibitions.
- Refreshments available with stunning views over the Severn Valley.
- Gift-shop with SVR merchandise and branded items. We stock HORNBY 00 scale model railway items here.
- Full access for the less able.
- Outside picnic area and childrens railway themed play area. Restaurant food may be eaten in the picnic area.