Diesel Footplate Experience
There is nothing quite like the sight and sound of a diesel locomotive in full cry! Choose your locomotive and experience the power and surge of adrenaline as you take the controls of your favourite Class on our full day Experience, including a tour of Kidderminster Diesel Depot!
£450 per person - book your gift voucher
Our Diesel Footplate Experiences operate throughout the year utilising our heritage fleet of diesel electric and hydraulic locomotives.
Diesel locomotives currently used:
- Class 40 - No. 40106 Atlantic Conveyor
- Class 42 'Warship' - No. D821 Greyhound
- Class 50 - No. 50031 Hood, No. 50035 Ark Royal or No. 50049 Defiance
- Class 52 'Western' - No. D1015 Western Champion or No. D1062 Western Courier
Purchase your gift voucher for 2021 now!
- Safety briefing before the session commences.
- Tour of the locomotive engine room, including a start-up procedure demonstration.
- Travel in the cab; driving for 8 miles, and acting as second man for 8 miles. A further 16 miles is spent in the rear cab of the locomotive (only available when locomotives with 2 cabs are used), and an additional 32 miles spent riding in the private train pulled by the locomotive.
- Travelling a total journey of 64 miles; going through Bewdley Tunnel, over Victoria Bridge and up Eardington Bank, over 2 round trips of the line.
- Tour of our award-winning Kidderminster Diesel Depot
- Only 8 participants per experience.
- You can bring along up to 6 guests only who can travel in
the carriages behind the locomotive (guests must be over the age of 5)
free of charge. Additional guest places may be purchased for £15 per person.
- Opportunities for photographs.
- A presentation folder with a certificate and memento of your experience.
Email to make an enquiry Click here to book