Driving a train, whether it be with a steam or a diesel locomotive, is a fantastic and unforgettable experience. We offer a number of Footplate Experiences using a steam locomotive, each of which is designed to meet the aspirations of those interested in the operation of the steam engine. Diesel Experiences are also available using locomotives from our unique fleet of heritage diesels. Come along and drive a train...
||Miles driving &
||£365 or £395
Looking to take part in a Footplate Experience, or have someone in mind? Make sure you read this important information below:
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age, be physically fit and able to climb a 6ft
vertical ladder. Please note, access to a locomotive's cab/footplate is often narrow. If any of these points raise concern, please contact us before booking.
- This activity may not be suitable for those with some disabilities, particularly
where these affect mobility, concentration, dexterity and co-ordination. If you
believe this may be a factor for the participant please contact us in advance to ensure the activity
is suitable and to avoid any embarrassment on the day.
- Guests travel free of charge on the special Footplate Experience charter train. Additional guest places, above the stated allocation, are not available. Guest children must be 5 years of age or over.
- When booking, you can either choose a date to take the Experience on, or purchase an open-dated voucher, allowing the participant to choose their own date.
- The consumption of alcohol before or during the Experience is completely prohibited. Smoking of cigarettes or e-cigarettes, and the use of vapes, is also prohibited.
Email your enquiry Call 01562 757900 to book Conditions of Booking