Intermediate Footplate Experience . . .
£475 per person
challenge of driving and firing a steam locomotive hauling a heavy
train of approximately 200 tons in which your 6 guests can travel.
During your whole day Experience, you will pass other trains carrying passengers along
the line, so timekeeping is an essential part of the day. Running over the whole length of the line, you will steam through Bewdley Tunnel, glide across Victoria Bridge and storm up Eardington Bank, so make sure you keep the pressure up!
Locomotives normally used on the Intermediate Footplate Experiences: 2857,
7802 Bradley Manor or 43106 (subject to availability).
Gift vouchers for 2019 are
currently available to purchase, with Experience dates being released by
November. Please call 01562 757900 to book.
- Safety briefing before the session commences.
- Detailed instruction on how to drive and fire a locomotive.
Only 8 participants per Experience, driving and firing in pairs.
- Travel on the footplate, driving and firing for over 16 miles.
- Travelling a total journey of 64 miles; going through Bewdley Tunnel, over Victoria Bridge and up Eardington Bank.
- You can bring along up to 6 guests only who can travel in
the carriages behind the locomotive (guests must be over the age of 5)
free of charge.
- Opportunities for photographs.
- A presentation folder with a certificate and memento of your experience.
|Saturday 20th October, 9am - 5.45pm
|Saturday 3rd November, 9am - 5.45pm
Email to make an enquiry Call 01562 757900 to book