Intermediate Footplate Experience . . .
challenge of driving and firing a steam locomotive hauling a heavy
train of approximately 200 tons in which your 6 guests can travel.
During your whole day Experience, you will pass other trains carrying passengers along
the line, so timekeeping is an essential part of the day. Running over the whole length of the line, you will steam through Bewdley Tunnel, glide across Victoria Bridge and storm up Eardington Bank, so make sure you keep the pressure up!
£595 per person - book your gift voucher
Locomotives normally used on the Intermediate Footplate Experiences: 2857,
75069 or 43106 (subject to availability).
Purchase your gift voucher for 2021!
- Safety briefing before the session commences.
- Detailed instruction on how to drive and fire a locomotive.
Only 8 participants per Experience, driving and firing in pairs.
- Travel on the footplate, driving and firing for over 16 miles.
- Travelling a total journey of 64 miles; going through Bewdley Tunnel, over Victoria Bridge and up Eardington Bank.
- You can bring along up to 6 guests only who can travel in
the carriages behind the locomotive (guests must be over the age of 5)
free of charge.
- Opportunities for photographs.
- A presentation folder with a certificate and memento of your experience.
Email to make an enquiry Click here to book