Introductory Footplate Experience . . .
£350 or £375 per person
This, our most popular Experience, has been specifically
designed for those with an interest in steam locomotive operation. The
locomotive hauls one passenger carriage in which up to four guests can
travel free of charge to share in your Experience. Operating on a morning or afternoon, this Experience gives you the opportunity to take control of one our small or large steam locomotives for 8 miles, driving and firing.
Locomotives normally used on the Introductory Footplate Experiences: 813, 1450, 1501 or
7714 (subject to availability).
The Introductory Footplate Experiences runs from Bewdley to Bridgnorth, and return. With Experiences available in the morning or afternoon.
- Safety briefing before the session commences.
- Basic instruction on how to fire and drive a steam locomotive.
- Travel on the footplate, driving and firing under supervision, for approximately 8 miles.
Only 6 participants per experience, driving and firing in pairs.
- You can bring along up to 4 guests only who can travel in
the carriage behind the locomotive (guests must be over the age of 5)
free of charge.
- One 'Freedom of the Line' family travel ticket is included in the package, allowing two adults and up to four children to travel on the Railway before or after their Experience.
- Opportunities for photographs.
- A presentation folder with a certificate and memento of your experience.
Gift vouchers for 2019 are
currently available to purchase, with Experience dates being released by
November. Please call 01562 757900 to book.
|Saturday 27th October - 9am
|Saturday 27th October - 1pm
Email to make an enquiry Call 01562 757900 to book