Introductory Footplate Experience . . .
This, our most popular Experience, has been specifically
designed for those with an interest in steam locomotive operation. The
locomotive hauls one passenger carriage in which up to four guests can
travel free of charge to share in your Experience. Operating on a morning or afternoon, this Experience gives you the opportunity to take control of one our small or large steam locomotives for 8 miles, driving and firing.
£395 per person - book your gift voucher
Locomotives normally used on the Introductory Footplate Experiences: 1501 or
43106 (subject to availability).
Purchase a gift voucher for 2021!
- Safety briefing before the session commences.
- Basic instruction on how to fire and drive a steam locomotive.
- Travel on the footplate, driving and firing under supervision, for approximately 8 miles.
Only 6 participants per experience, driving and firing in pairs.
- You can bring along up to 4 guests only who can travel in
the carriage behind the locomotive (guests must be over the age of 5)
free of charge.
- Opportunities for photographs.
- A presentation folder with a certificate and memento of your experience.
Email to make an enquiry Click here to book