Supreme Footplate Experience . . .
£910 per person
The ultimate in driving and firing Experiences! Take control of one of our steam locomotives on your whole day turn; hauling a
train of up to 200 tons over the whole length of the Severn Valley
Railway, including experiencing the thrill of being on the footplate
through Bewdley tunnel, you'll need to keep the pressure up and the fire roaring. With your 10 guests travelling in the train of 6 coaches behind you, there's little room for error, you don't want them to have a bumpy ride! The Supreme Footplate Experience gives
you the opportunity to get really close to the locomotive, to relive the golden age of steam...
Locomotives normally used on the Supreme Footplate Experiences: 2857,
7802 Bradley Manor or 43106 (subject to availability).
Whilst all Footplate Experiences in 2020 have been cancelled, you can still purchase a gift voucher for 2021.
- Safety briefing before the session commences with a detailed instruction on how to drive and fire a locomotive.
Only 4 participants per experience, driving and firing in two pairs.
- Travel on the footplate, driving and firing for over 32 miles.
- Travelling a total journey of 64 miles; going through Bewdley Tunnel, over Victoria Bridge and up Eardington Bank.
- You can bring along up to 10 guests only who can travel in
the carriage behind the locomotive (guests must be over the age of 5)
free of charge.
- Opportunities for photographs.
- A presentation folder with a certificate and memento of your Experience.
Email to make an enquiry Call 01562 757900 to book