Autotrain Footplate Experience . . .
£750 per person
The perfect branchline Experience! Drive and fire No. 1450, or visiting Pannier Tank No. 6430, and the Autotrain over the whole length of the Railway, including the thrill of travelling
through Bewdley tunnel in control of the train.
Autotrains were commonly used by the Great Western Railway on lightly
used branch lines and could be driven from the locomotive in one
direction and from the autocoach in the other, to save the engine
having to change ends of the train for the journey back.
The classic combination lets you experience railway travel like no other; with uninterrupted views of the Valley and the opportunity to watch the driver from the comfort of your seat.
This Experience really is like no other!
Starting at Bewdley, the Experiences run from 9.30am to 6.30pm.
- Safety briefing before the session commences, with a detailed instruction on how to drive and fire an Autotrain.
- Only 4 participants per experience, driving and firing in two pairs.
- Travel on the footplate and in the autocoach, driving and firing for over 32 miles.
- Travelling a total journey of 64 miles; going through Bewdley Tunnel, over Victoria Bridge and up Eardington Bank.
- You can bring along up to 6 guests only who can travel in
the autocoach (guests must be over the age of 5)
free of charge.
- Opportunities for photographs.
- A presentation folder with a certificate and memento of your Experience.
There are no more dates for this Experience in 2019, however, you can purchase a gift voucher for 2020!
Email to make an enquiry Call 01562 757900 to book