Celebrate the most wonderful time of the year with your family in a private compartment on a magical journey to Arley to see our ALL-NEW Christmas Show.
Your vintage steam train awaits at the beautifully decorated Kidderminster Station, ready to take you on a Christmas adventure...
Everyone will receive a drink and a seasonal sweet treat as you settle down in your own private
compartment, before steaming through delightfully decorated stations to
Jump off the train to be entertained in our ALL-NEW Christmas show, starring Christmas characters. You'll hopefully catch a glimpse of Santa
himself too, as he prepares for the biggest night of the year.
Back on the train, present-shaped surprises will be waiting for the children, before your train steams back to Kidderminster.
Departures are available from Kidderminster at 9.30am, 11am, 12.30pm, 2pm, 3.30pm* and 5pm*.
*This departure does not operate on December 24th.
Upgrade your experience with a Tasty Treats hamper, prepared by our award-winning chef! Add it to your basket for £20 per adult, or £15 per child, and collect it from Kidderminster Station before your steam train ride to Arley.
Your ticket includes:
- Reserved private compartment on a decorated steam train.
- Train travel from Kidderminster to Arley and return (approximately 30 minutes each way).
- Complimentary drink and sweet treat for each passenger.
- Professional Christmas show at Arley.
- Quality present for each child.
- If you or any of your party are displaying symptoms of Covid-19, please do not visit the Severn Valley Railway. Call the team to cancel on 01562 757900 and we will rearrange your booking for a date when it is safe to visit.
- Please download the NHS Covid-19 app for your mobile device to assist with trace and trace. Need help?
- You must adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times during your visit.
- You will need to arrive at Kidderminster Station 45 minutes before departure. Kidderminster Station has a restaurant, toilets and pub available to use before or after your train ride.
- Please use the toilets at Kidderminster Station. Whilst there are toilets on the trains, these facilities can be affected by freezing weather conditions. Our on-train staff will do their best to keep some toilets functioning at all times. Nappy changing facilities are not available on the train.
- The train ride and Christmas show last approximately two hours.
- There is no buffet service available on the train.
- Face masks must be worn at all times, excluding when you’re in your compartment on the train.
- Seating on the train is available in private compartments of six (maximum of six people over the age of two) or private compartments of four (maximum of four people over the age of two).
- Children under two do not count towards the number of people in a compartment. They travel free of charge, will receive a present, but must not take up a seat during the Christmas Show.
- The Christmas Show will take place in a marquee, with socially distanced bench seating. Children in your group will be required to sit on a parent's lap.
- In line with current Government Guidelines, families will not be able to meet Santa personally to ensure social distancing is maintained. Santa and his friends will be in the Christmas Show at Arley.
- We can accommodate one wheelchair on the 9.30am, 12.30pm and 3.30pm trains. Wheelchair spaces must be reserved in advance.
- Buggies and pushchairs can be accommodated on the train and must be stored in your compartment. They will not be permitted in the marquee at Arley and must stay on the train.
- Dogs are not permitted on the Santa Trains.
Soak up the sights and sounds of the golden age of steam and create festive family memories
that will last a lifetime.
Missed the date you wanted? Add your name to the waiting list
|November 28th & 29th
|December 5th & 6th
|December 12th & 13th
|December 19th & 20th
|December 23rd & 24th
Loyalty Pass, Annual Family Pass, Shareholder Passes and Working Members passes not valid. Members discount not available.
Children: 2-15 years. Children under 2 do not count
towards the number of people in a compartment and travel free of charge.
Tickets may also be purchased at the same price by calling 01562 757900
(option 1). These tickets are not available for purchase from booking
offices in advance. All pre-booked tickets are subject to a £2.00 booking fee. Tickets will be dispatched by email.
Tickets will be dispatched by email.
Terms & Conditions apply.
Share this page: