The Gin Train
The Severn Valley Railway in partnership with The Little Gin Company are delighted to welcome you aboard The Gin Train!
Book: Kidderminster departures Book: Bridgnorth departures
Join us for a Gin tasting experience, with a festive twist, on the Railway! This is a truly unique experience; travel through the spectacular Severn Valley in our 1936-built luxurious first class carriage (once hauled by the Flying Scotsman), whilst sipping gin cocktails and enjoying our informative, yet informal, overview of the gins you are tasting by professional staff. A journey fit for any
From a love
of all things Gin comes The Little Gin Company, a quirky mobile gin business
from the neighbouring county of Warwickshire. Established by friends, Emma and Nicola in 2015, the
juniper-mad duo love sharing their gin-filled experiences in as many ways as
possible - mainly from their lovingly converted horse trailer gin bar - and
now, on board a Severn Valley steam train!
Your tasting experience will include:
- Welcome cocktail to get the tasting session started and the gin
flowing as we leave the station!
- Brief but informative overview of gin, tonic and the tasting
- Tasting sequence of three artisan gins, comprising
of different botanicals to offer a wide spectrum of tasting notes.
- All three gins on the tasting menu will be served neat or as mini
G&T's in a tasting glass (if neat gin isn't for you).
- Professional staff will run the event, giving an overview of each
gin and explaining the flavour profile and answering any questions as they
- Following the tasting sequence, guests can choose their favourite gin
from the sequence, served as a full G&T in a copa glass, with plenty
of ice, premium tonic and complementary garnish.
The package includes:
- Reserved, first class travel on a single train journey from Kidderminster to Bridgnorth, or Bridgnorth to Kidderminster.
- Full day 'Freedom of the Line' ticket permitting travel before or after the tasting experience on our public service trains, so you can spend a whole day on the Railway. This ticket permits FREE entry into The Engine House at Highley if you have time. And remember, we have pubs at both Bridgnorth and Kidderminster too!
- There are 30 seats available on each tasting experience. Your seats will be allocated around tables of two, or tables of four - so you have the bonus of meeting new
friends and gin enthusiasts alike! Every seat will be filled.
- Passengers must be aged 18 or over.
- Unfortunately, there is no disabled access into the vehicle.
- You will be required to arrive 30 minutes before your selected departure time to check-in and be seated by our Steward.
- If you are travelling on the 5.25pm/5.40pm service from Bridgnorth to Kidderminster, there is no service train back to Bridgnorth.
|Adult / Senior
|Annual Family Pass not valid. Any discount schemes, concessions or complimentary tickets/vouchers are not valid on The Gin Train.
must be purchased, at least five working days, in advance of your visit.
Tickets may also be purchased at the same price by calling 01562 757900
(option 1). These tickets are not available for purchase from booking
offices in advance.
All pre-booked tickets are subject to a £1.75 booking fee.
Unfortunately, there is no disabled access to the vehicle.
TICKETS WILL BE DISPATCHED BY POST.
Share this page: