The Champagne Train
The Severn Valley Railway in partnership with Nickolls & Perks are delighted to welcome you aboard The Champagne Train!
Join us for a journey of effervescent excellence; a Champagne tasting experience on the Severn Valley Railway! This is a truly unique experience; travel through the spectacular Severn Valley in our 1936-built luxurious first class carriage (once hauled by the Flying Scotsman), whilst sipping a selection of our favourite Champagnes and enjoying our informative, yet informal, overview of the drinks you are tasting by professional staff. A journey fit for any Champagne lover.
Working with our friends Nickolls and Perks, the company are one of the UK’s oldest wine & spirit merchants. Established in Stourbridge in 1797 and recently shortlisted for Decanter Magazine’s Bordeaux, Champagne and Regional Merchant of the year 2018, we cannot wait to see them on our rails.
Your tasting experience will include:
- Welcoming sparkling cocktail to get the tasting session started and the fizz flowing as we leave the station!
- Entertaining and informative overview of Champagne history & production.
- Tasting sequence of four champagnes, offering a wide spectrum of tasting notes, served with appropriate nibbles.
- A “Heads or Tails” trivia quiz - the winner receives a mini bottle of Champagne.
- Professional staff will run the event, giving an overview of each Champagne and explaining the flavour profile and answering any questions as they are sampled.
The package includes:
- Reserved, first class travel on a single journey from Kidderminster to Bridgnorth, or Bridgnorth to Kidderminster.
- Full day 'Freedom of the Line'
ticket (normally £19.50) permitting travel before or after the tasting experience on our
public service trains, so you can spend a whole day on the Railway .This
ticket permits FREE entry into The Engine House at Highley if you have
time. And remember, we have pubs at both Bridgnorth and Kidderminster
- There are 30 seats available on each tasting experience. Your
seats will be allocated around tables of two, or tables of four - so you
have the bonus of meeting new
friends and Champagne enthusiasts alike! Every seat will be filled.
- Passengers must be aged 18 or over.
- Unfortunately, there is no disabled access into the vehicle.
- You will be required to arrive 30 minutes before your selected departure time to check-in and be seated by our Steward.
|Adult / Senior
|Annual Family Pass not valid. Any discount schemes, concessions or complimentary tickets/vouchers are not valid on The Champagne Train.
must be purchased, at least five working days, in advance of your visit.
Tickets may also be purchased at the same price by calling 01562 757900
(option 1). These tickets are not available for purchase from booking
offices in advance.
All pre-booked tickets are subject to a £1.75 booking fee.
Unfortunately, there is no disabled access to the vehicle.
TICKETS WILL BE DISPATCHED BY POST.
Share this page: