ALL-NEW Santa Specials
Experience the magic of Christmas on this exciting steam train ride through the Severn Valley with Santa - a journey you'll never forget.
Tickets for the Standard and Premium Santa Specials are
now sold out.
Details of any that become available due to cancellations will be posted on the News item here.
the festive atmosphere at Kidderminster, where you’ll board your steam train. We'll have roasted chestnuts, live music and plenty of photo opportunities at our decorated station.
into your seats in our comfy, decorated carriage, and chat to Santa as he meets
every family on the train, handing out gifts to each child and posing for
photographs as you steam through the beautiful Severn Valley.
will be able to tell Santa what they would like to open on Christmas morning -
providing they’ve managed to keep themselves off the naughty list this year!
enjoy this magical journey to Highley, taking-in the sights and sounds of the
golden age of steam - a traditional vintage Christmas spent with family and
The Santa Steam Special operates on: December
14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd & 24th.
Trains depart from Kidderminster at 9.45am, 12.45pm, 3.45pm* and 5pm**, the journey lasting approximately 100 minutes. The train steams straight to Highley, but stops at Bewdley on the way back, where you can walk into the beautiful Georgian riverside town,
catching a later train back.
*Does not operate on December 24th. ** Operates on December 15th only.
Your ticket includes:
- Guaranteed seating on a decorated steam train from Kidderminster
or to Highley and return.
- Opportunity to meet Santa at your seats.
- An age-suitable present for all children.
- You will be seated around a table of four or in a compartment of six. Seats cannot be reserved.
- There are no nappy changing facilities on the train.
- Wheelchair users MUST
reserve a space on the train at the point of booking. We cannot
accommodate wheelchair users who do not PRE-BOOK a reservation on the
- Buggies and pushchairs cannot be accommodated on the train and must be left at the Station in our buggy park.
- Kidderminster Station has a restaurant, toilets and pub available to use before or after your train ride.
- You are advised to arrive
at the Station 45 minutes before your train departs.
ADVANCE BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL.
|December 14th & 15th
||£1.75 per booking
|December 21st & 22nd
||£1.75 per booking
|December 23rd & 24th
||£1.75 per booking
|Terms & Conditions
1. Refunds, changes and exchanges of pre-booked tickets will not be considered. In some circumstances, changes may be accepted, but a £10 admin fee will be applied.
2. The Severn Valley Railway does not guarantee that trains will depart or arrive at a particular
time and will not be held liable for any delay to the service or any inconvenience this may
3. If, due to unforeseen circumstances, we cancel your train, we will refund the monies paid by
you, including the booking fee. We will NOT be liable for any other costs.
4. If you fail to arrive in time for the departure of your train we will try to allocate seats on a later
train BUT THIS WILL BE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY AND IS NOT GUARANTEED. Should
we be unable to do so we WILL NOT refund any monies paid.
5. If you are unable to travel to the SVR as a result of severe weather or illness we DO NOT offer
a refund or replacement tickets.
6. We will NOT refund or make allowances for the cost of returning unused tickets to us. It is
for you to decide on the most effective way of returning unused tickets and you are required
to bear the cost.
7. We will NOT carry forward the face value of any unused tickets from one year to the next.
8. Our staff are NOT empowered to vary these conditions.
Annual Family Pass: NOT VALID. Children: 1 - 15 years (includes a present from Father
Christmas). Babies under 12 months must not take up a seat. Dogs (assistance dogs excepted) are NOT permitted on any of our Santa or Christmas Services.
Share this page: