The Rum Train
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum! If you're a serious rum connoisseur or a
Captain Jack Sparrow nut, our rum tasting experience is an absolute shiver me timbers
We're bringing a Caribbean Fiesta to the Severn Valley! This is a truly unique Rum tasting experience in a stunning setting; travel aboard our 1936-built luxurious first class
carriage (once hauled by the Flying Scotsman), whilst sipping rum
cocktails and enjoying a relaxing day out with friends. A journey fit
for any rum lover!
Your tasting experience will include:
- Welcome cocktail to get the tasting session started and the rum
- Tasting sequence of three rums to offer a wide spectrum of tasting notes. All
three rums on the tasting menu will be served with paired nibbles.
- Professional staff will run the event, giving an overview of each rum and answering any questions you may have as they
- Following the tasting sequence, guests can choose their
favourite rum and have it served as a full cocktail or drink.
The package includes:
- Reserved, first class travel on a single train journey from
Kidderminster to Bridgnorth, or Bridgnorth to Kidderminster, on a steam
or heritage-diesel hauled train.
- Full day 'Freedom of the Line'
ticket permitting travel before or after the tasting experience on our
public service trains, so you can spend a whole day on the Railway, and
then return to your starting Station by rail. And remember, we have pubs at both Bridgnorth and Kidderminster too!
- FREE entry into The Engine House Visitor Centre at Highley if you have time.
- There are 30 seats on each tasting experience. Your seats will
be allocated around tables of two, or tables of four. Every seat will be
filled, so you have the bonus of meeting new
friends and rum enthusiasts alike!
- Passengers must be aged 18 or over.
- There is no disabled access into the vehicle.
- You will be required to arrive 15 minutes before your selected departure time to check-in and be seated by our Steward.
- If you are travelling on the 5.40pm service from
Bridgnorth to Kidderminster, there is no service train back to
|Adult / Senior
|Annual Family Pass not valid. Any discount schemes, concessions or complimentary tickets/vouchers are not valid on The Rum Train.
must be purchased in advance of your visit.
Tickets may also be purchased at the same price by calling 01562 757900
(option 1). These tickets are not available for purchase from booking
offices in advance.
All pre-booked tickets are subject to a £1.75 booking fee.
Unfortunately, there is no disabled access to the vehicle.
TICKETS WILL BE DISPATCHED BY POST BY POST.
Share this page: