A Very British Summer!
Bring out the
bunting! There’s a wealth of good, old-fashioned fun to be had at the Severn
Valley Railway during the summer holidays!
From deckchairs to candyfloss, let us inspire you with fond memories of holidays from yesteryear, with free themed activities along the line, for both young and the young at heart to enjoy.
Just £49 for a Family 'Freedom of the Line' ticket, you can travel all day on our trains, get off and on at any station to join our summer fun and FREE entry into The Engine House.
Come back for £19.70!
We've been running steam trains since 1970, and to celebrate our upcoming 50th anniversary, you can return for just £19.70! There’s a great value deal to be had – any family
purchasing a £49 Family Freedom of the Line ticket (valid for two adults and up
to four children) during the summer holidays (from July 20th) can come back to enjoy another great day out for just £19.70 (until September 1st). Pick up your voucher when you purchase your tickets from the Booking Offce. T&Cs apply.
Free activities along the line . . .
- Morning Campers, our Summer Shows are bound to be a winner
at The Engine House! Every Monday, our very own Yellow Coats
will get you singing and dancing; who's got the knobbliest knees? Shows
at 11.15am, 12.15pm, 1.30pm and 2.45pm.
- The wheels on the bus go round and round; we're all going on a summer holiday aboard the vintage double-decker bus from Bridgnorth Station.
Jump on our big red bus for a short sightseeing tour around Bridgnorth
every Monday - dibs the seats at the front on the top-deck! Available
between 9.45am and 4.45pm.
- Join our Seaside Shows every Tuesday at Kidderminster Station! From classic Punch &
Judy to memerizing Magic Shows, the kids are bound to love these beach
classics. Shows at 9.15am, 10.30am, 12 noon, 1.15pm and 2.45pm.
- Go for a hole in one! Tee-up for Crazy Golf madness every
Wednesday as you try and conquer our nine-hole course around The Engine
House. Available between 10.45am and 3.45pm.
- All aboard the Walking Train! On Wednesdays, take a horrible
history tour of Bewdley Town from the Station and discover its amazing
secrets. Reserve your space at Kidderminster, Bewdley or Bridgnorth
Booking Office for tours at 11.35am and 2.30pm. Limited spaces available
and please wear appropriate clothing. *
- Meet the Greyhounds from the Greyhounds Trust every Wednesday (excluding August 28th), and find out all about man's best friend at The Engine House.
- All the fun of the fete! The laughs are non-stop on Thursdays; our array of traditional fete games
will be ready and waiting for you at Kidderminster Station. Try your luck on the Coconut Shy and
Tin Can Alley, but are you quick enough to Beat The Buzzer and Hook A
Duck? Available between 9.30am and 5.30pm.
Derek Crockson is our very own Shropshire Lad, ready to take you on a suprising history tour
of Bridgnorth from the Station. Having lived here all his life, you can join him at
11.15am every Thursday (excluding August 15th) to discover the
intriguing market town with a wonky castle that Hitler and Oliver
Cromwell had their eyes on! Reserve your space at Kidderminster or
Bridgnorth Booking Office. Limited spaces available and please wear
appropriate clothing. *
- Morning Campers, our Summer Shows are bound to be a
winner at The Engine House! Every Friday, our very own Yellow
Coats will get you singing and dancing; who's got the knobbliest knees?
Shows at 11.15am, 12.15pm, 1.30pm and 2.45pm.
And don't miss . . .
- Sit back in deckchairs and take in the atmosphere of our beautiful historic station with Pimms and pick 'n' mix in hand. Phone's at the ready, it's selfie time; climb onto our GIANT deckchair for a snap with your friends - you won't be able to miss it!
- Let off steam for a relaxing stop at beautiful Arley Station. Enjoy a picnic in the Station's stunning gardens, and then play with our garden games; who's good at croquet? Plus, our reclaimed Anderson Shelter is a great selfie spot.
- Having completed the Scavenger Hunt, make your way down to the river to feed the ducks and play Poohsticks from the river bridge.
The Engine House, Highley
- Come rain or shine, our Giant Games will keep you entertained for hours, whilst Nan and Granddad reminisce with an ice cream in our deckchairs overlooking the river! Even more childhood memories will be bought back in our retro cinema showing classic children's TV shows. Then, treat yourself to FREE facepainting!
Hampton Loade Station
- A little gem of a station! On most days trains pass
each other here bringing ‘noise and bustle’ to this otherwise sleepy
hamlet. Once the trains have gone, you can almost hear the
butterflies flapping their wings! The perfect place for a picnic and riverside walk.
- The Paddock Railway will be in operation every Sunday during the Summer Holidays, with little steam engines to-ing and fro-ing along our garden railway.
- Explore Bridgnorth by following the Arts Trail! Starting at the Station, can you try and find all 12 statues whilst enjoying a scenic and heritage-filled walk around our town? Good luck!
On the train . . .
Pick up your retro Eye-Spy booklet and pencils to unleash hours of fun, including a Treasure Hunt and competitions!
The Storytelling Express
steams in on August 28th. Join the
10am service from Kidderminster to Highley in the library coach, before
getting off at The Engine House for more magical tales.
Special Events . . .
As well as our awesome themed activities, we have an action packed calendar of special events during the Summer!
All attractions are subject to availability.
|Pre-book & save
|On the day
|Annual Family Pass valid. Children: 4 - 15 years, Family: 2 adults + 2, 3 or 4 children, Seniors: 60+.
To qualify for 'pre-book & save' prices these tickets
must be purchased at least five working days in advance of your visit.
Tickets may also be purchased at the same price by calling 01562 757900
(option 1). These tickets are not available for purchase from booking
offices in advance.
All pre-booked tickets are subject to a £1.75 booking fee.
These tickets include FREE admission to The Engine House, our Visitor Centre at Highley.
TICKETS WILL BE DISPATCHED BY POST.
* No liability is accepted by Severn Valley Railway or the tour guides for any accident which may occur during a walking tour.
Share this page: