The Christmas Wine Train
Start the Christmas season with a festive journey fit for any wine lover, as we invite you aboard The Christmas Wine Train with our friends from Astley Vineyard!
This is a truly unique wine tasting experience; travel through the spectacular Severn Valley in our 1936-built luxurious first-class carriage, once hauled by Flying Scotsman, whilst sipping locally produced wines, tasting award-winning cheese and enjoying a relaxing day out with friends or family.
Your tasting experience will include:
The package includes:
- A warming glass of mulled white wine to get the tasting session started and the wine flowing.
- Once settled into your seats, enjoy a guided tasting flight of three delicious wines from Astley.
- The owners of Astley Vineyard will be your hosts, giving an overview of each wine and a short history of the vineyard, and answering any questions you may have.
- The wine will be accompanied by a plate of locally produced gourmet cheeses from Lightwoods of Broadheath and artisan crackers.
- Following the tasting sequence, guests can choose a final glass of their favourite wine to enjoy as the train makes its leisurely return home through the beautiful Severn Valley.
- Reserved, first class travel on a return train journey from
Kidderminster to Highley.
- Free return visit! 'Freedom of the Line'
ticket valid for a another full day out in 2020.
- There are 30 seats on each tasting experience. Your seats will be allocated around tables of two, or tables of four. Every seat will be filled, so you have the bonus of meeting new friends and wine enthusiasts alike!
- Passengers must be aged 18 or over.We reserve the right to refuse service if suitable ID cannot be providedif requested. Please drink responsibly.
- There is no disabled access into the vehicle.
- You will be required to arrive 15 minutes before your selected departure time to check-in and be seated by our Steward.
|Adult / Senior
Family Pass not valid. Any discount schemes, concessions or
complimentary tickets/vouchers are not valid.
must be purchased in advance of your visit.
Tickets may also be purchased at the same price by calling
01562 757900. These tickets are not available for purchase from booking
offices in advance.
All pre-booked tickets are subject to a £1.75 booking fee.
*SVR Members must ring 01562 757900 and provide their membership number to make a booking.
Astley Vineyard is one of the oldest vineyards in the UK, producing a
range of award winning white wines that are served at Michelin
starred restaurants and have been recommended by the Guardian, Rick
Stein and The Times. Located only 4 miles from Kidderminster, wines are
produced from a single estate close to the River Severn. The Haywood
family took over the vineyard in 2017and are passionate about sharing the
joy of English wine!
Share this page: