Steam in Lights
Steaming from Bridgnorth, join our spectacular illuminated adventure along an enchanting Severn
Valley and enjoy a dazzling extravaganza of magical creatures,
sparkling lights, snowfall and thrills, from the warmth and comfort of a
The adventure starts at Bridgnorth, where you will follow the
illuminated path down to the Station and through the tunnel of lights.
On the twinkling platform, The Railwayman’s Arms and the Refreshment
Room will be selling hot and cold food and drink.
the footbridge, the Master of Ceremonies for the night will welcome you
and your friends and the story will begin. All eyes will be on the
waiting steam locomotive - the countdown ends, the train lights-up with
dazzling colour, ready for you to board.
the engine rumbles out of the station, the narrator will guide you on your quest - to help find the mischievous Christmas
Cacklers, hidden at locations along the line.
your train steams out into the darkness of the Severn Valley, can you
help to illuminate the way, transforming stations into glittering
displays and trackside landscapes into winter wonderlands as you
pass - revealing where the Cacklers are concealed?
Experience the Severn Valley Railway as you've never seen it before...
November 29th, December 3rd-6th, 10th-13th, 17th-20th and 23rd.
|5.00pm from Bridgnorth, returning at 6.15pm.
||7.15pm from Bridgnorth, returning at 8.30pm.
November 30th, December 7th, 14th and 21st.
|6.30pm from Bridgnorth, returning at 7.50pm.
|You will need to arrive at Bridgnorth Station at least 30 minutes before your selected departure time for the start of the illuminated experience.
- Immerse yourself in the experience by wearing neon colours and bringing along a torch (a device that makes light is very important!).
- You will be seated around tables of four, so you may share with other passengers. Seats cannot be reserved.
- Wheelchair users MUST
reserve a space on the train at the point of booking.
- Buggies and pushchairs cannot be accommodated on the train, but may be stored securely at the Station.
- Bridgnorth Station has a restaurant, toilets and pub available to use before your train ride.
- Father Christmas does not travel on this train.
ADVANCE BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL
||£1.75 per booking
|Terms & Conditions
1. Refunds, changes and exchanges of pre-booked tickets will not be considered. In some circumstances, changes may be accepted, but a £10 admin fee will be applied.
2. The Severn Valley Railway does not guarantee that trains will depart or arrive at a particular time and will not be held liable for any delay to the service or any inconvenience this may cause.
3. If, due to unforeseen circumstances, we cancel your train, we will refund the monies paid by you, including the booking fee. We will NOT be liable for any other costs.
4. If you fail to arrive in time for the departure of your train we WILL NOT refund any monies paid.
5. If you are unable to travel to the SVR as a result of severe weather or illness we DO NOT offer a refund or replacement tickets.
6. We will NOT refund or make allowances for the cost of returning unused tickets to us. It is for you to decide on the most effective way of returning unused tickets and you are required to bear the cost.
7. We will NOT carry forward the face value of any unused tickets from one year to the next.
8. Our staff are NOT empowered to vary these conditions.
Annual Family Pass and Shareholder Vouchers/Tickets NOT VALID. Children: 1 - 15 years. Babies under 12 months travel free of charge but must not take up a seat.
Dogs (assistance dogs excepted) are NOT permitted on any of our Christmas Services.
Share this page: