Steam in Lights
Bigger, bolder, brighter and back for 2021! Steam in Lights returns to make Christmas sparkle, glow and shimmer - experience the magic on a steam train covered in tens of thousands of lights, starting your adventure in Bridgnorth!
The ultimate Christmas experience for all ages, make Steam in Lights your family tradition. Experience the Severn Valley Railway as you've never seen it before...
The magic begins the moment you arrive at Bridgnorth with a LIVE show on the opposite platform by our resident Cacklers, getting you in the mood for the train to arrive. Then get ready for the train to make its incredible entrance.
With NEW music and narration for Christmas 2021, let the family fun and captivating magic unfold in your own private compartment. Keep your eyes peeled for amazing displays of magical creatures and mystical auroras, only seen from the train - plus twice the amount of BIGGER, BOLDER and BRIGHTER displays for 2021!
What you'll see this year:
- A 15 minute LIVE show with the Cacklers
- Watch the train steam into the Station before you board.
- Travel in private compartment at reserved tables for the whole journey.
- BIGGER, BRIGHTER AND TWICE THE AMOUNT of displays from the window.
- On-board narration and music.
- Improved photo opportunities.
- This event will run in-line with Government Guidelines at the time of the event.
- You will need to arrive at Bridgnorth Station 45 minutes before departure to park. Postcode: WV16 5DT. Please be aware that parking is a short walk from the station downhill. If you have mobility issues, please let us know before you visit.
- The train ride lasts approximately one hour, travelling from Bridgnorth to Hampton Loade and return.
- Seating on the train is
available in private compartments of six, private compartments of four or tables of two.
- Children under four do
not count towards the number of people in a compartment and travel free of
- Wheelchair spaces must be reserved by phoning 01562 757900.
- Buggies and pushchairs cannot be accommodated on the train, but will be stored securely at the Station on request.
- Father Christmas does not travel on this train, he's too busy wrapping presents in his workshop at this time of night!
- Dogs are not permitted on Steam in Lights trains.
|Mondays to Thursdays
Excluding December 22nd & 23rd
|Fridays & Saturdays
plus December 22nd & 23rd
Book your tickets now
by mid-July, 2 trains were 95% booked --
Loyalty Pass, Annual Family Pass, Shareholder Passes and Working Members passes not valid. Members discount not available.
Children: 4 - 15 years. Children under 4 do not count
towards the number of people in a compartment and travel free of charge.
Tickets may also be purchased at the same price by calling 01562 757900
(option 1). These tickets are not available for purchase from booking
offices in advance. All pre-booked tickets are subject to a £2.00 booking fee. Tickets will be dispatched by email.
Terms & Conditions apply.
For those without tickets, access to Bridgnorth Station and Hampton Loade Station is prohibited. Spectators are advised to view the train from safe public vantage points.
Share this page: