Spend a whole day out on
the Railway on one of our four specially tailored return trips. Choose
your journey and travel in a private compartment or reserved table seats as you steam
through the Severn Valley with family and friends.
Every train will be pulled by one
of our magnificent steam or diesel engines and you'll travel in our beautifully
restored vintage carriages.
Tickets may be booked online until 3.30pm the day before travel.
- Sunday 20th Sept. The EXPLORER is fully booked.
Tickets available for the AVENTURER at the station on the day.
- Wednesday 23rd- Sunday 27th Sept: seats are available for some trains: please check online to pre-book your tickets.
Services will operate Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only (excluding September 30th), with no trains on Mondays or Tuesdays. You have the choice of four specially tailored return trips:
The Explorer, steam train, 11.00am-5.35pm - Kidderminster to Bridgnorth, with an optional excursion to The Engine House or Bewdley. Available Wednesday to Sunday.
The Adventurer, steam train, 11.00am-5.45pm - Bridgnorth to Bewdley or Kidderminster & The Engine House. Available Wednesday to Sunday.
- The Pioneer, diesel train, 9.45am-7.30pm - Kidderminster to Bridgnorth return, three times. Available on Fridays; September 11th Class 33, September 18th Class 50s, September 25th Class 42 & Class 14.
- The Flyer, steam train, 10.15am-4.35pm - Kidderminster to The Engine House & Bridgnorth. Available on Saturdays.
Each journey has its own set itinerary, so we can safely manage numbers
at each Station and inside The Engine House. We've also made sure you
can spend a whole day with us to help you discover Shropshire and
Worcestershire in style.
Vintage Afternoon Tea
Make your day extra special and treat yourself to Vintage Afternoon Tea:
- Travel on The Explorer and enjoy home-made Vintage Afternoon Tea at The Engine House for just £23 per person. Available Wednesday to Sunday.
- Travel on The Adventurer and enjoy home-made Vintage Afternoon Tea at Kidderminster Station for just £23 per person. Available Wednesday to Saturday.
Simply add Vintage Afternoon Tea to your basket when booking your train tickets.
Find out more Click here to book
Street Food & Sunday Lunch at Kidderminster
Dine on our beautiful concourse and reserve your table for tasty street food or Sunday lunch:
- Travel on The Flyer or The Explorer and enjoy tasty street food from 5pm to finish your day. Available Wednesday to Saturday.
- Travel on The Adventurer and enjoy a traditional cooked lunch from 11am. Available on Sundays.
Simply reserve your table when booking your train tickets
What will look different:
- Timetable - you must travel on set services at specific times You can only start your day at Kidderminster or Bridgnorth.
- Tickets - we are selling tickets for compartments (up to six) or tables (one or two), and you should purchase these in advance so we can safely manage
numbers on the Station and inside The Engine House. There is a fixed
number of tickets available for each train, and we cannot guarantee that
any will be left for sale on the day.
- Seating - you will travel in pre-booked seats. Your seats, in a compartment or around a table, will be reserved for your exclusive use all day.
- Stations - Arley and Hampton Loade Station will remain closed, with no public access.
If you are a single traveller or a couple, we have now introdued ticket options for you. Reserved tables are available to book for one person or two, in a socially distanced open carriage. You will not travel in a private compartment, so face masks must be worn at all times.
If you are a wheelchair user you must reserve a wheelchair space with your online booking.
|On the day (subject to availability)
Loyalty Pass holders & Annual Family Pass holders must pre-book
their compartment in advance. You will need to enter your unique number
to receive a 100% discoun at the check-out. Any additional travellers not covered by your pass will be charged £15 on arrival at the Booking Office.
Dogs travel free of charge. Wheelchair users must reserve their space on the train.
Tickets may also be purchased at the same price by calling 01562 757900
These tickets are not available for purchase from booking
offices in advance.
Tickets will be dispatched by email.
Terms & Conditions apply.
Evening Dining Experience
Also in September...
We are delighted to offer an evening for food lovers every Saturday night in September.
Travel in a private compartment on The Sunset Special and enjoy
the fine views along the Severn Valley as you steam from Kidderminster
Alight at Highley and enjoy a three-course meal at The Engine House.
Seated amongst famous steam locomotives, taste the finest local and
seasonal produce in amazing surroundings.
The Sunset Special
Sit back, relax, and let the countryside roll past the window on our evening excursions to Bridgnorth.
Join the steam train at Kidderminster for a 6.15pm departure, for an evening excursion to Bridgnorth in reserved seats.
You'll spend over 90 minutes at Bridgnorth, with time to visit the
award-winning The Railwayman's Arms offering a variety of local real
Your steam train will then wind its way back to Kidderminster through
the breath-taking Severn Valley, all viewed from a lovingly-restored
vintage carriage, arriving at 10.05pm.
Share this page: