Every train will be pulled by one
of our magnificent steam or diesel engines and you'll travel in our beautifully
restored vintage carriages.
will operate every weekend and daily during October half-term. You have the choice of five specially tailored return trips:
- The Flyer, steam train, 10.15am-4.25pm - Kidderminster to The Engine House & Bridgnorth. Available on Saturdays, Sundays and throughout half-term
- The Explorer, steam train, 11.00am-5.15pm - Kidderminster to Bridgnorth, with an optional excursion to The Engine House or Bewdley. Available Saturdays.
The Adventurer, steam train, 11.00am-5.05pm - Bridgnorth to Bewdley or Kidderminster & The Engine House. Available Saturdays, Sundays and throughout half-term.
- The Wanderer, steam train, 10.40am-7.40pm - Kidderminster to Bridgnorth return, three times. October 9th, No. 1450 and No. 7714. October 23rd, No. 813 and No. 7714. Available on Fridays.
- The Pioneer, diesel train, 9.45am-6.15pm / 6.45pm - Kidderminster to Bridgnorth return, three times. October 4th, Class 50s. October 9th, Class 42 No. D821. October 18th, Class 40 No. 40106. October 23rd, TBC. Available on Fridays and Sundays.
Each journey has its own set itinerary, so we can safely manage numbers
at each Station and inside The Engine House. We've also made sure you
can spend a whole day with us to help you discover Shropshire and
Worcestershire in style.
Vintage Afternoon Tea
Make your day extra special and treat yourself to Vintage Afternoon Tea.
- Travel on The Explorer or The Adventurer and enjoy home-made Vintage Afternoon Tea
at The Engine House.
- Travel on The Flyer or The Explorer and enjoy home-made Vintage Afternoon Tea at Bridgnorth Station.
Simply add Vintage Afternoon Tea to your basket when booking your train tickets for £23 per person.
Find out more Click here to book
Street Food & Sunday Lunch at Kidderminster
Dine on our beautiful concourse and reserve your table for tasty street food or Sunday lunch:
- Travel on The Flyer or The Explorer and enjoy tasty street food from 5pm to finish your day. Available Fridays and Saturdays (excluding October 30th and 31st).
- Travel on The Adventurer and enjoy a traditional cooked lunch from 11am. Available on Sundays.
Simply reserve your table when booking your train tickets
What will look different:
- Timetable - you must travel on set services at specific times You can only start your day at Kidderminster or Bridgnorth.
- Tickets - we are selling tickets for
compartments (up to six) or tables (one or two), and you should purchase
these in advance so we can safely manage
numbers on the Station and inside The Engine House. There is a fixed
number of tickets available for each train, and we cannot guarantee
any will be left for sale on the day.
- Seating - you will travel in pre-booked seats.
Your seats, in a compartment or around a table, will be reserved for
your exclusive use all day.
- Stations - Arley and Hampton Loade Station will remain closed, with no public access.
If you are a single traveller or a couple,
we have now introdued ticket options for you. Reserved tables are
available to book for one person or two, in a socially distanced open
carriage. You will not travel in a private compartment, so face masks
must be worn at all times.
If you are a wheelchair user you must reserve a wheelchair space with your online booking.
|On the day (subject to availability)
Loyalty Pass holders & Annual Family Pass holders
their compartment in advance. You will need to enter
your unique number
to receive a 100% discoun at the check-out. Any
additional travellers not covered by your pass will be charged £15 on
arrival at the Booking Office.
Dogs travel free of charge. Wheelchair users must reserve their space on the train.
Tickets may also be purchased at the same price by calling 01562 757900
These tickets are not available for purchase from booking
offices in advance.
Tickets will be dispatched by email.
Terms & Conditions apply.
Enthusiast Fridays, The Wanderer
Also in October...
Travel on a double-headed steam train, with 96 miles of haulage! Some of our smaller engines aren't big enough to haul our main service trains, so we're teaming them up for some action-packed Fridays during October.
Making one of its last appearances before overhaul, GWR No. 1450 will double-head with Pannier Tank No. 7714. The 'Autotank' has been a popular performer since it's arrival on the Railway in 2014, operating Footplate Experiences, push-pull Autotrains and on a number of 'express' trains at our steam Galas. Catch it on October 9th for what may be the last time!
We haven't seen No. 813 on public service this year, so we'll be steaming the 120 year old engine to double-head with Pannier Tank No. 7714. Built in 1900 for the Port Talbot Railway, No. 813 returned to steam in 2016 and has been seen all over the country drawing the crowds. Unlikely to be steamed again in 2020, this may be your only chance to ride behind our oldest working engine.
Evening Dining Experience
We are delighted to offer an evening for food lovers on Saturday nights in October.
Travel in a private compartment on The Sunset Special and enjoy
the fine views along the Severn Valley as you steam from Kidderminster
Alight at Highley and enjoy a three-course meal at The Engine House.
Seated amongst famous steam locomotives, taste the finest local and
seasonal produce in amazing surroundings.
The Sunset Special
Sit back, relax, and let the countryside roll past the window on our evening excursions to Bridgnorth.
Join the steam train at Kidderminster for a 6.15pm departure, for an evening excursion to Bridgnorth in reserved seats.
You'll spend over 90 minutes at Bridgnorth, with time to visit the
award-winning The Railwayman's Arms offering a variety of local real
Your steam train will then wind its way back to Kidderminster through
the breath-taking Severn Valley, all viewed from a lovingly-restored
vintage carriage, arriving at 10.05pm.