Autumn Steam Gala
Our Autumn Steam Gala is back to normal! Ride behind the best of the Severn Valley Railway home-fleet plus two very special VIP guests locomotives.
Buy your tickets now Download Timetable
Travel all day or all night at the Autumn Steam Gala behind a variety of
the SVR’s splendid steam engines.
STARRING PANNIER TANK 9466 AND 4953 PITCHFORD HALL!
You can start at Kidderminster, Bewdley or Bridgnorth and discover the wonders of the Severn Valley behind your favourite engines – there’s something for everyone including fans of BR, GWR, LMS and SR!
Each train will stop at every station, so you'll be able to change trains and visit The Engine House where we'll have enthusiast stallholders in attendance.
The stars of the show:
- GWR Pannier Tank 9466, completing a trio of Pannier Tanks and double-heading with 1501 (operates Friday, Saturday and Sunday only)
- GWR 4953 Pitchford Hall, running in its impressive black livery
- GWR Pannier Tank 1501, making its first enthusiast event appearance this year
- GWR Pannier Tank 7714
- GWR Saddle Tank 813, double-heading with other tank engines and hauling a goods train
- GWR Heavy-Freight 2857
- SR West Country 34027 Taw Valley
- LMS Ivatt Mogul 43106, hauling daytime services on Thursday and overnight services
- BR Riddles 4MT 75069, making its first full enthusiast event appearance this year
- The Paddock Railway at Hampton Loade will be open
- The Coalyard Miniature Railway at Kidderminster will be open
- Pick up a Souvenir Guide for £5 from the Booking Office
- Heritage goods trains will operate between Kidderminster and Bewdley
- Look out for double-headed tank engines on some trains
PLUS BACK FOR 2021, overnight trains return for the Autumn Steam Gala. Travel an extra 128 miles from dusk till dawn (Friday and Saturday nights)!
Tickets may be pre-booked or purchased on the day.
Important information: disabled access to Bewdley Platforms 2 and 3 will not be available during the Gala. This means disabled passengers will not be able to join Kidderminster bound trains at Bewdley. This is due to work on a new disabled-access path being installed at Bewdley Station which requires the Goods Yard to be closed.
Valid for daytime travel between 8.30am and 8.30pm
Valid for overnight travel between 8.30pm and 8.00am
Click here to book tickets
Receive a 50% discount off your Overnight Rovers when booking Day Rovers.
|Members, Shareholders and Loyalty Pass may purchase their tickets in advance. To pre-book, you will need to
enter your unique identification number to receive a discount at the
Tickets may also be purchased at the same price by calling 01562 757900 (option 1).
These tickets are not available for purchase from booking offices in advance.
Tickets will be dispatched by email. Terms & Conditions apply.
Share this page: