Festive Season Service
Let the Christmas festivities continue with a leisurely steam train journey along the beautiful Severn Valley, hopefully with a sprinkling of snow.
Steam trains operate between Kidderminster and Bridgnorth from Boxing Day to January 6th 2019 inclusive. The Engine House, our visitor centre at Highley, is also open throughout this period and makes an ideal point to break your journey.
The Twelve Days of Christmas
Twelve great activities for the twelve days we're operating during the Festive Season;
- Walk off your Christmas indulgence in the glorious Severn Valley. You can hop on and off the trains and walk between the stations. One of our favourite walks is along the Severn Way from Hampton Loade to Highley, where you can stop off for a delicious lunch or an afternoon tea.
- Make the most of the Christmas sales! Travel in the warmth and comfort of our historic carriages, and get off the train at Bewdley or Bridgnorth to visit the independent shops for that bargain you’ve always wanted.
- Say thanks to Mum, Dad, Granny and Grandad! Treat your loved ones to a piece of delicious cake at The Engine House Café.
- Quack quack! The locally-famous Duck Race in Bewdley returns on January 1st. Use our park and ride train service from Kidderminster or Bridgnorth to cheer on your favourite duck.
- Indulge in a delicious themed Afternoon Tea from January 3rd to 5th.
- Warm the cockles of your heart as you take a train ride through the Severn Valley in a First Class carriage.
- Get your friends and family together for a Christmas lunch at The Engine House Visitor Centre on offer daily from 26th December 2018 to 6th January 2019. Pre-booking is not required.
- Go up the line from Kidderminster to Bridgnorth sampling the festive real ales on offer at our CAMRA accredited pubs The King & Castle and The Railwayman’s Arms.
- Wrap up warm and enjoy some trainspotting with some wintry vistas from a number of viewpoints.
- Brush up on your Railway history with a visit to the Kidderminster Railway Museum.
- Pre-book a King & Castle Gentlemen’s Afternoon Tea at Kidderminster Station.
- Celebrate 12th Night with a traditional ale at the Railwayman’s Arms.
Tickets for the Festive Season Service will be available to pre-book online, or purchase on the day.
Shareholder Vouchers with an expiry date of January 1st 2019, are now valid for the whole Festive Season Service up to and including January 6th 2019.
Annual Family Pass Valid Download Timetable
|Pre-book & save
|On the day
|Annual Family Pass valid. Children: 4 - 15 years, Family: 2 adults + 2, 3 or 4 children, Seniors: 60+.
To qualify for 'pre-book & save' prices these tickets
must be purchased at least five working days in advance of your visit.
Tickets may also be purchased at the same price by calling 01562 757900
(option 1). These tickets are not available for purchase from booking
offices in advance.
All pre-booked tickets are subject to a £1.75 booking fee.
These tickets include FREE admission to The Engine House, our Visitor Centre at Highley.
TICKETS WILL BE DISPATCHED BY POST.
Practically Perfect Afternoon Tea
Are you looking for that “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” gift
for someone this Christmas? Well, if you can’t get enough of the
world’s best Nanny, then take a trip with us along the Severn Valley
Railway to enjoy Afternoon Tea.
Inspired by the tale, our treats will be themed; with finger sandwiches, savoury treats and sweet fancies.
Running dates: January 3rd, 4th and 5th, departures are available from Kidderminster at 2.00pm, or from Bridgnorth at 3.40pm.
Share this page: