Open House Weekend
Take a peep behind the scenes and marvel at miniature masterpieces at our popular model railway exhibition!
Featuring model railways, behind the scenes tours, and a whole host of other attractions up and down the line, there's plenty to see both on and off the rails! By purchasing a 'Freedom of the Line' ticket, you can travel all day and gain entry into all attractions and The Engine House at Highley.
- Steam and diesel trains running all day.
- Up to 30 model railway layouts on display in Kidderminster Diesel Depot, The Engine House, Highley and Bridgnorth Paint Shop.
- Kidderminster's Coalyard Miniature Railway open on both days, with the Paddock Railway at Hampton Loade in steam on Sunday.
- Behind the scenes tours, including Kidderminster Carriage Shed and Bridgnorth Locomotive Works.
- Visiting locomotive in action.
- Steam-hauled heritage goods train on Saturday, steam-hauled dining train on Sunday.
Model railways include:
82G, Snowy River
Railroad, Sakura Densha, Sandford Road Junction, West Hill Wagon
Works, Outwell, Wenlock, Halfpenny Green, Edgingdon, Beacon Point, Anything
Goes, Wellum Hill, Greenwood Railway, Campbells Quarry, Chollerford, Sketchford,
Blenkinsop Colliery, Northbridge, Oberdorf, A Remote Depot and Bridge Norton
Take a peep behind the scenes:
Kidderminster - Signalbox, Diesel Depot, Carriage Shed (tours throughout the day)
- Bewdley - Carriage & Wagon Yard (Saturday only)
- Arley - Signalbox
- Highley, The Engine House - Royal Saloon
- Bridgnorth - Signalbox, Locomotive Works (including access to a steam locomotive's footplate), Boiler Shop (with demonstrations), Paint Shop
More information available soon.
|Pre-book & save
|On the day
|Annual Family Pass & Loyalty Pass valid. Children: 4 - 15 years, Family: 2 adults + 2, 3 or 4 children, Seniors: 60+. To qualify for 'pre-book & save' prices these tickets
must be purchased at least five working days in advance of your visit.
These tickets are not available for purchase from booking
offices in advance. These tickets include FREE admission to The Engine House, our Visitor Centre at Highley.
Share this page: