Open House Weekend
The return of our popular model railway exhibition, alongside opportunities for you to peep behind the scenes!
Featuring model railways, behind the scenes tours, and a whole host of other attractions up and down the line, there's plenty to see both on and off the rails! A special weekend for our supporters, volunteers and potential volunteers...
- Intensive steam and diesel train service.
- Up to 30 model railway layouts on display in Kidderminster Carriage Works and The Engine House, Highley.
- Model railway traders at Kidderminster Station.
- Bring your model railway locomotives to the 'Locomotive Repair Clinic'
at The Engine House for our experts to take a look at your 4mm and 7mm
engines that need a bit of TLC.
- Drive No. 7802 Bradley Manor at Bewdley Station with Volunteers from The Erlestoke Manor Fund! For £25, join the footplate of a steam locomotive to 'have a go' driving through the Station (this is now fully booked).
- Kidderminster Railway Museum; on the Saturday evening at 7.30pm, join Rob Foxon who will be showing his original 16mm film 'Railways Remembered'. Additional £5 charge applies. Find out more here: krm.org.uk.
- Kidderminster's Coalyard Miniature Railway open on both days, with the Paddock Railway at Hampton Loade in steam on Sunday.
Model railways attending: 82G, Arley & Highley, Ballymungret,
Badgers Mill, Beckton, Berrybridge, Bumf Mine, Burlish Road, Malton Road,
Campbell's Quarry, Cheadle Ridge Lane, Coton on Dove, Earl's Court,
Frimley North, Arfbric Mine, Hampton End, It's All White, Kings
Brandell, Reely Great, Primrose Hill & Much Works, Ryders Green Wharf, Sandford
Road Junction, Scrich Tramway, Smallwood, Snowy River Railroad, Treloar
Sidings, Trinity Dock Street Bridge & West Hill Wagon Works.
Behind the scenes:
- Bridgnorth: Locomotive Works, Boilershop and Signalbox
- Hampton Loade: visit the Barry Coach to see
the ongoing restoration work that is taking place and view our amazing
collection of 20th century railway crests.
- Highley: Signalbox tours and meet Eardington Halt Station Team in The Engine House
- Bewdley: Carriage & Wagon Yard.
- Kidderminster: Carriage Works and Signalbox.
- Kidderminster Railway Museum: 'have a go'
in Wrangaton Signalbox and explore the Photographic Archive with over
250,000 images to browse.
More information available soon.
Normal Fares Apply Annual Family Pass Valid
|Pre-book & save
|On the day
|Annual Family Pass valid. Children: 4 - 15 years, Family: 2 adults + 2, 3 or 4 children, Seniors: 60+.
To qualify for 'pre-book & save' prices these tickets
must be purchased at least five working days in advance of your visit.
Tickets may also be purchased at the same price by calling 01562 757900
(option 1). These tickets are not available for purchase from booking
offices in advance.
All pre-booked tickets are subject to a £1.75 booking fee.
These tickets include FREE admission to The Engine House, our Visitor Centre at Highley.
TICKETS WILL BE DISPATCHED BY POST.
Share this page: