What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form or donate money.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- For Gift Aid Claims
- We may use the information to improve our offerings.
- We may periodically send promotional communications through email, post and telephone, to include the impact your support has made, requests for further support, activities taking place at the Severn Valley Railway, invitations to join us at events, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or post.
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company outside the 'SVR Family' (see below) for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering a purchased product or service requested.
- Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future communications, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, and information on our printed communications.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
For sensitive information, we offer the use of a third party secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. We, do however, share your information with other members of the Severn Valley Railway under the Severn Valley Railway name (Please see below). This includes trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor/supporter information will be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Severn Valley Railway Family
Your details will only be made available to other organisations operating under the Severn Valley Railway name to include: Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust Ltd., Severn Valley Railway (Holdings) plc., Severn Valley Railway Co. Ltd. and other SVR organisations which may be introduced from time to time.